Saturday, June 14, 2014


Today in America it is Flag Day.  It was first observed on June 14th, 1877, 100 years after congress passed the first flag resolution.

I have always been grateful to be an American, where our religious freedom was protected by the constitution of our country.

Today in the chaos of our changing world, we should be thankful for the many blessings we have.  But we should also spend time on our knees asking God to guide our leaders as they make decisions that will impact us now and generations to come.  We cannot deny that things are changing and not for the better.  Ungodly people are making decisions and influencing change that will directly affect us and our descendants in their ability to worship our God and live as Christians.

Now, having said that, I want to qualify with this:  No matter what happens, God is still God.  He is still the Captain of my destiny and the Lord of my life.  The man in the White House will in no way change what I believe or Who I worship.

I love America, but I love God more.  I am blessed to live in a country where we have freedom to worship how we desire.  But freedom comes with responsibility.  One, to remind each successive generation of the sacrifices made for that freedom and also, the responsibility to share the truth of God's word with those around me.

God gives true freedom, no matter where you live.  The freedom from sin and death are greater than the freedom to live where you like or do what you want.  Eternity has two destinations.  Everyone has a choice which they will choose.

Where will you spend your eternity?  You may go where you wish, but I choose to spend it with God, praising the God Who offers us the only true freedom.  Whether you live in war torn city or quiet, peaceful nations, the real answer to all of life's trouble is to look to the Creator and accept the ultimate gift, Jesus perfect sacrifice, offered on the cross for us.

 "What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? Certainly not! How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it? Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life."  Romans 6:1-4 New King James Version

No comments:

Post a Comment

Update on the Wallet

Now don't faint.  I know it's just been a few days since my last blog post.  But when God get's moving, things happen fast. Wedn...